Thursday 20 March 2014

DARLING... ENHANCE YOUR BEAUTY...



“Man saw colors and invented paint.  Woman got inspired by paint and invented makeup. Man coined words and invented conversation. Woman got inspired by conversation and invented gossip. Man learned agriculture and invented food. Woman got inspired from food and invented diet. Man discovered friendship and invented love. Woman got inspired from love and invented love triangles. Man discovered trading and invented money. Woman got inspired from money and invented shopping… that’s it! Thereafter, man has invented many things and women are still shopping!”

This goes out to all men out there who take their girlfriends to shop for hair. Before I continue, let me state that I have nothing against weaves or any other hairy implants. My friend Manyasi told me that those artificial hairs come from an indian kinyozi, they are packaged well then send to Africa for financial purposes. I like indians and I like hair too. In short I do not mind the weave… but that does not mean I like shopping for them!
Take yesterday for instance; my sister had tricked me to go shopping with her.we were welcomed by  hot air decorated with all mixtures of perfume. Someone must have been burning something back there!  The room was disturbingly pink. It was almost noon, the sun was generous enough to light up the place but some genius saw it better to light it up, complete with disco lights! it was like entering the Hair kingdom where all the women had arrived to worship the hair queen! My heart beat my ribcage with such determination; it wanted to get out of here…

Before I hatched my escape plan, a lady with all exaggerated body parts suddenly appeared and gapped my left arm. She wrestled her way through the sea of ladies. The staff of Moses would have done me good at this moment! I was sweating  (like everyone else) by the time we reached our destination!

“si hii ni skin tone ya Sabina?” (isn’t this Sabina’s skin tone) she inquired pulling my skin towards a gang of women for inspection.
“ni hiyo exactly!” a lady who looked trapped behind a drier shouted over the noise of boiling water next to her. “I think that Darling number 203 will be good for her” with that, the big lady shoved me out of the shop, my job was over.. I was calculating on how I would break  out if this hairdom but luck was not on my side… I bumped into my sister.

“Which one do you think I should buy?” now I have no knowledge of hair!

“Darling number 203” I said with such confidence.
“nope.” I was dismissed. The next three hours looked like centuaries! At some point I even thought I had missed the 2017 election and my 24th birthday! Here is another thing I learnt, if left to choose, women do not know what they want! Imagine my dismay when she finally picked DARLING 203 on it was written “enhance your beauty”
I wanted to punch her on the nose!

No comments:

Post a Comment